Healthy and delicious game day sliders without the guilt.
Marinated Mushroom Sliders with Sautéed Onions
- Yield: 6 sliders
- Cooking Time: 20 min
- Mushroom Marinade:
- ½ cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon no salt adobo
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley chopped
- Mushroom Sliders:
- 6 white mushroom caps
- 1 onion sliced
- spring mix
- 2 tablespoons chipotle mayo
- 6 whole wheat slider buns
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients in bowl.
- Remove the stems from all of the mushrooms and leave the mushrooms whole.
- Add the mushrooms into the marinade and make sure they are completely covered with the liquid.
- Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator.
- Let the mushrooms marinate for at least 3 hours, overnight is recommended for better flavor.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat add sliced onions and remaining vegetable broth.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes or until the onions are tender and have browned.
- Remove the onions from the skillet and set aside.
- Remove the mushrooms from the refrigerator. Place the mushrooms into a skillet and let cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Flip the mushrooms over and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Remove the mushrooms from the skillet and place on top of open slider buns.
- Top each mushroom slider with chipotle mayo, spring mix and sauteéd onions.
Read the original post on Rican Vegan here.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!