Healthy and delicious game day sliders without the guilt.
Marinated Mushroom Sliders with Sautéed Onions
- Yield: 6 sliders
- Cooking Time: 20 min
- Mushroom Marinade:
- ½ cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon no salt adobo
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley chopped
- Mushroom Sliders:
- 6 white mushroom caps
- 1 onion sliced
- spring mix
- 2 tablespoons chipotle mayo
- 6 whole wheat slider buns
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients in bowl.
- Remove the stems from all of the mushrooms and leave the mushrooms whole.
- Add the mushrooms into the marinade and make sure they are completely covered with the liquid.
- Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator.
- Let the mushrooms marinate for at least 3 hours, overnight is recommended for better flavor.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat add sliced onions and remaining vegetable broth.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes or until the onions are tender and have browned.
- Remove the onions from the skillet and set aside.
- Remove the mushrooms from the refrigerator. Place the mushrooms into a skillet and let cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Flip the mushrooms over and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Remove the mushrooms from the skillet and place on top of open slider buns.
- Top each mushroom slider with chipotle mayo, spring mix and sauteéd onions.
Read the original post on Rican Vegan here.