The techniques used in preparing scrambled eggs can affect the outcome of the dish. This is just as important as the ingredients themselves.
Mama G's Perfect Scrambled Egg Secrets
- Yield: 1 Serving
- 3 large eggs. Remove from refrigerator 20 minutes prior
- 1 teaspoon sour cream
- 9" cast-iron pan
- Rubber spatula. Heat proof
- Clarified butter or cooking spray
- Sea salt as desired
- Fresh cracked ground pepper as desired
- Preheat pan on medium high for 10 minutes
- Beat eggs and sour cream in medium size bowl. No whisking , my loves. This causes too much air. Make sure the gel (albumin) is incorporated completely
- Do a water test. Sprinkle drops of water into pan. If water dances, the pan is perfect temperature.
- Put clarified butter or cooking spray into pan. Pour in the eggs. Do not touch them for 10 seconds.
- Now, with your spatula begin to break up the egg for another 10 seconds. Don't touch the edges. Remove from burner for 10 seconds then replace.
- Now, begin to fold the edges of the egg and incorporate. Continue to fold the eggs forming large soft curds. Make sure any liquid part of egg hits the heat. Continue movement
- Continue this step for about 10-15 seconds. Immediately remove the eggs from stove top. The eggs will continue to cook. Remove them from pan
- Salt and pepper the eggs to desired taste. Do not salt, eggs before cooking. This causes eggs to be runny
- Serve on a wood cutting board with charred tortillas.
With, love Mama G
"Happy Food To Eat"