A healthy spin on the classic Lobster Roll with all the same great flavor - wraps instead of rolls, yogurt instead of mayonnaise - all topped with a buttery, golden brioche crumble.
Lobster Roll Lettuce Wraps with Brioche Crumbles
- Servings: 1 cup
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cooking Time: 15 min
- 4 lobster tails, meat popped out of shells and skewered
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- ¾ teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups brioche crumbles
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- First, cook the lobster. To pop the meat out of the shell, take kitchen shears and cut a slit down each tail’s “spine.” Then, using thumbs (one on each side) gently pull the shell apart and slide the meat away from the shell, eventually setting it on top of the empty shell. Skewer each tail with a wooden skewer.
- Set a large steamer pot on the stove with water. Add garlic cloves and bring water to a boil. Once water is boiling, add lobster tails to steamer basket (you may have to work in batches.) Place lid over steamer pot and cook lobster for about 10-15 minutes, or until no longer translucent and cooked through. Using tongs, remove from pot and let cool.
- Next, make the brioche crumbles. In a medium sauté pan, melt butter over medium heat. Once butter is melted, add brioche crumbles and parsley and stir to coat. Continue cooking and stirring occasionally to get a uniform golden toast on all pieces. Remove from pan and let cool.
- Once lobster is cool, pull meat off of shell and dice into small pieces. Place lobster meat in a bowl with yogurt, tarragon, garlic, salt and lemon juice. Stir to combine. For best results, place this lobster salad in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Once salad is cool, arrange a platter of large, sturdy lettuce leaves. Serve salad and crumbles in separate bowls so guests can make their own wraps. Have them place a scoop of lobster salad on the lettuce, top with brioche crumbles and enjoy!