You will be delighted with this quick and simple fish recipe. It makes it easy for you to have a wonderful fish dinner on the table in a flash. It is a light and flaky, mouthwatering meal
Easy Breezy Fish Sticks
- Servings: 1
- Yield: 4
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cooking Time: 6 min
- 1 cast-iron pan
- 1 cod fillet - room temperature
- Kosher salt and pepper as needed
- 1 cup Gold Medal Flour - No substitutions
- 2 large eggs, beaten - room temperature
- ½ cup chopped baby dill
- 1 cup panko bread cups
- Extra virgin olive oil for frying
- Preheat pan - Medium high
- Slice cod into strips - about 1 inch
- Season the fish with salt and let it temper
- Season the flour with salt & pepper
- Coat fish in flour - separate bowl
- Coat fish in egg - separate bowl
- Chop the dill, fold it into the bread crumbs
- Coat fish in bread crumbs
- Drizzle enough olive oil around sides of pan to make sure pan is coated. Put fish sticks into the hot oil
- Leave 1 inch space between fish sticks. Do not touch them.
- Let them cook for about 3 minutes on each side until golden. Check for doneness. A bounce to the touch means they are done. Remove and serve immediately.
Mama G's How To:
- Temper, means to let meat come to room temperature. Never put cold protein into a hot pan.
- Season food holding your hand high above the food.
- Gold Medal flour is best.
- This recipe can be doubled.
- Never pour olive into directly into a hot pan. It has a lower smoking point and will catch fire
- Pour a liberal amount of olive oil around sides of pan to make sure it is coated. If you see wild smoke, immediately lift pan from stove
- I recommend cast-iron for all proteins
"Happy Food To Eat"
Love, Mama G