This elegant, rich and creamy Honey Lemon Custard requires only a few simple ingredients. It’s an easy to make, egg-free, no-bake dessert also known as a posset.
Honey Lemon Custard For One
- Yield: 1 serving
- Prep Time: 10 min
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1½ tablespoons sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1-inch strip lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat cream, honey, sugar, and nutmeg in a small saucepan over medium heat. Slowly bring to a simmer, stirring constantly to dissolve the sugar. Continue to simmer 2 minutes.
- Remove pan from the heat and add the lemon peel, lemon juice and vanilla. Stir gently and let steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove lemon peel from the pan and pour into a ramekin. Chill for at least 1 hour to let set or up to overnight.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!