A potent, sweetly debauched cocktail; inspired by the novel and film, High-Rise!
- 1 ½ oz Limoncello
- 2 oz pomegranate juice
- ½ - 1 oz mint simple syrup (recipe follows)
- club soda
- Prepare the mint syrup: In a small saucepan, combine 1 cup of water with 1 cup granulated sugar, and about 5 sprigs of fresh mint. (Before adding the mint, rub the leaves together until they're slightly bruised.)
- Stir over low heat, just until the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour syrup through a strainer, into a glass jar (or anything that can be sealed + refrigerated) discard the mint sprigs. Refrigerate syrup until ready to use.
- Combine ingredients (with desired amount of club soda).
- Stir, imbibe, enjoy!
Note: Well-covered, the simplesyrup will last for about 7 days in the refrigerator.