In the spring, I could eat Strawberry Rhubarb Crumbles every day - but when you use a lot of butter and sugar, that's not quite bikini friendly, right?! Luckily, I came up with a version that is gluten free, sugar free and vegan. What?! Oh yea, believe it!
Healthy Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble
- (for the filling)
- 2 (heaping) cups strawberries
- 2 (heaping) cups rhubarb
- ½ lemon
- ⅓ cup agave
- 1 ½ tbsp cornstarch
- (for the crumble)
- ¼ cup coconut flakes (not shredded)
- ¾ cup almond flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup agave
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the strawberries and rhubarb into bite sized pieces. This can be rustic, so the pieces don't all need to be the same size.
- Stir in the lemon juice, agave and corn starch.
- Make the crumble by combining the coconut flakes, almond flour, cinnamon, salt and oats. Stir in the coconut oil and agave with a fork.
- Pour the strawberry and rhubarb mixture into a pyrex dish. Spread the crumble over the top.
- This crumble mixture is definitely wetter than a normal crumble, but as long as your coconut oil isn't pure liquid, you'll be fine!
- Bake in the oven for 30-32 minutes.
- The top should be golden and the fruit should be bubbly!
See more step-by-step photos on LakeShoreLady.com!
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!