Are you looking for an easy but exquisite meal that will knock your socks off but won't knock you off your new year's resolution to eat lean? You can’t go wrong with this pork specialty.
Guava Glazed Pork Tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 can Guava nectar (found in the juice section of most grocery stores)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- kosher salt
- 2 pork tenterloins (¾ pound each)
- cilantro sprigs (for garnish)
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro (for salsa)
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil (for salsa)
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar (for salsa)
- ¼ cup chopped onion (for salsa)
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives (for salsa)
- 2 minced jalapenos (for salsa)
- 1 clove minced garlic (for salsa)
- kosher salt (for salsa)
- Place a saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add enough oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan.
- When the oil “shimmers” add the onion and cook 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add the guava nectar and bring to boil.
- Cook over high heat until reduced to 1 cup.
- Add the soy sauce, ketchup, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Set the pork in a 9 –by 13-inch baking dish.
- Brush all sides of the pork with half of the glaze.
- Light grill to medium high.
- Grill the pork, turning and brushing with the remaining glaze until browned on all sides, about 15 minutes, or until cooked through (with an instant read thermometer 150 degrees).
- Transfer the cooked pork to a cutting board and let rest 10 minutes.
- While the pork is resting make the salsa.
- In a bowl, mix the cilantro, oil, vinegar, onion, chives, jalapenos and garlic.
- Season with salt.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Slice the pork into ¼ -½ inch slices.
- Arrange on a serving platter.
- Pour any accumulated juices over the pork.
- Garnish cilantro sprigs and serve the salsa on the side.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!