This sandwich will have all of your sport fan friends asking for seconds.
Grilled Italian Chicken Sandwich with Pesto Pepper Mayo
- Servings: 2 sandwiches
- Yield: 8
- Prep Time: 15 hr
- Cooking Time: 15 hr
- 1 ½ cup Mayonnaise
- 1 lbs. Genoa Salami
- ½ cup Basil Pesto
- ½ cup cherry pepper hoagie spread
- ½ lbs. Mortadella Ham
- ½ lbs. Mozzerella Cheese
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 loaves of Ciabatta Bread cut in half
- Dried Italian Seasoning
- Garlic Salt
- Cut chicken breasts in half (longways/butterfly), then cut in pieces in half. There should be 8 pieces in total.
- Season chicken with liberal amounts of dried Italian seasoning and pinch or two of garlic salt.
- Over mdedium heat, melt butter in a grill pan or any large skillet. Grill chicken for 4-5 minutes per side.
- Build Sandwich..Mix mayo, pesto, and peppers together. Spread mayo mixture on the bottom of the ciabatta bread. Next, add four pieces of chicken, top with slices of Mortadella, Salami, and the mozzarella cheese. Repeat on second loaf. Heat oven to broil, place loaves on baking sheet. Place in the oven until cheese is melted.
- Remove loaves from oven after cheese is melted. Add remaining mayo mixture to the top part of the loaves. Cut and Share...
I'm a game day food blogger. I have a cookbook "The Game Day Kitchen". I market sauces, do cooking show, host team building cooking events, cooking camps for kids. I retired after 23 years of teaching science in an urban environment to pursue my dreams. I'm a single mother of two beautiful girls and I took a real leap of faith. I'm a Penn State Alumni and I often cater for the coaching staff and other departments. This picture is of course with my friend Coach James Franklin.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!