This pasta dish is sweet and filling without feeling heavy- perfect for those Spring and Summer nights dining al fresco. It is sure to leave you wanting more, so you may plan to double it from the start!
Gnocchi in a White Wine Cream Sauce
- Yield: 3
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cooking Time: 25 min
- 1lb gnocchi
- 2T butter, divided
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup Moscato wine
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 4oz goat cheese
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2T fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- Melt butter in pan.
- Saute onion in butter over medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Add garlic and mix with onion.
- Immediately add wine, chicken stock and goat cheese.
- Simmer over medium heat until cheese has completley blended (about 5 minutes).
- Add cream, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a low boil, then reduce heat to low.
- Add remaining tablespoon of butter and simmer (on low) until ready to serve.
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions.
- Drain gnocchi and add to sauce.
- Garnish with parsley and parmesan.
As I was finishing the sauce, I was wishing I had mushrooms to add. I think chopped Baby Bella or Cremini mushrooms added in at the beginning with the onions would be perfect with this dish! And to make it even heartier, you could also add crumbled Italian sausage.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!