Avocado Toast just got fancy. Mix up the toppings and try something new! From pomegranate arils to roasted butternut squash to chia seeds. . everything can go on there. Get creative!
Fancy Avocado ToastPrep Time: 15 min
- 2 to 3 ripe avocados, mashed with a fork
- kosher salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- fresh lime juice from ½ a lime
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- butter (optional)
- Topping variations: fresh, raw red cabbage, shredded
- roasted butternut squash
- pomegranate arils
- carrot stands, shaved using a vegetable peeler
- tomato slices
- chia seeds
- hemp seeds
- fresh, raw radish slices
- fried egg
- Place avocados into a bowl, mash with a fork and season with salt and pepper. Squeeze on fresh lime juice from half a lime (maybe a little less). Mash and mix together.Taste and adjust any ingredients as needed.
- Butter each slice of whole wheat toast (optional*) and top with a generous amount of mashed avocado. Top each toast with the toppings of your choice and devour immediately.
I like to add salted butter on my avocado toast, which might seem unnecessary and indulgent. This is completely optional but if you've never tried it, you should.*