Serve up some of this shredded tomatillo pork in a rice bowl, on a salad, or as tacos. Super easy, healthy, and delicious!
Easy Slow Cooker Tomatillo Pork
- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cooking Time: 8 hr
- 4 pound boneless pork butt, trimmed of excess fat
- 2 cups puréed fresh or canned tomatillos
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 large fresh lime
- optional accompaniments: pico de gallo, shredded cheese, chopped cilantro, chopped jalapeños, chopped tomatoes, chopped green onions, sliced avocados, salsa, sour cream, and soft flour or corn tortillas
- Place pork butt in slow cooker. Cover the pork with all the ingredients EXCEPT the lime and optional accompaniments. Place lid on top of slow cooker and cook on high for 6 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Remove pork from slow cooker and shred into smaller pieces with two forks. Place the shredded pork back in slow cooker with the leftover sauce and sprinkle with the fresh lime juice. Stir well. Serve with optional accompaniments, if desired.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!