Throw in the ingredients for these chili into a slow cooker in the morning, and come home to this delicious and filling meal!
Easy Chipotle Chicken Chili (Slow Cooker Recipe)Prep Time: 10 min Cooking Time: 8 hr
- 2 cups (475ml) chicken broth
- 1 ¼ lbs (565g) chicken breasts
- one 15-oz can tomato sauce
- one 14-oz can diced tomatoes
- one 15-oz can black beans
- one 15-oz can pinto beans
- ½ large red onion, diced
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 cup (150g) fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 TBS adobo sauce
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 TBS lime juice
- chopped cilantro for topping
- Open the cans of beans. Drain liquid from the can and give the beans a good rinse. Set aside.
- Peel sweet potato and chop into ½-inch pieces.
- Place all ingredients (except the lime juice and cilantro) into a slow cooker. Set slow cooker on low and the cooking time to 8 hours.
- When you are ready to eat the chili, scoop out the chicken breast. Using a fork, shred the meat. Add the meat back to the chili again and stir.
- Serve in bowls and top with cilantro if you like. Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container.