You should never mock a tuna (that would be rude), but this mock tuna fish is always in good taste and the creamy home made mayo will be your go-to condiment. Made from cashews, it's creamy and cholesterol-free!
Deli Style Tuna Salad Sandwich (Vegan)
- Yield: 3
- Prep Time: 20 min
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 tbsp. homemade vegan mayo (recipe in notes below)
- 1 tbsp. capers, drained
- 1 celery stalk, small dice
- ½ tsp. salt
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 6 slices vegan bread (preferred brand Ezekiel)
- Mix chickpeas, vegan mayo and capers in food processor until mostly smooth, resembling tuna fish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine chickpea mixture with celery, salt and pepper. Stir until fully incorporated.
- Spread mixture onto three slices of bread and top with remaining slices. Serve with tomatoes or pickles.
Homemade Mayo Ingredients
In blender, mix the following ingredients until smooth and creamy:
1 cup of cashews (soaked overnight and drained)
1 garlic clove
2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
½ tsp. sea salt
½ c. plus 2 tbsp water.