Pan seared salmon topped with fresh, tasty creamy dill sauce (NO MAYO!). Serve with roasted asparagus ~ just a few ingredients for an easy, any night meal.
Cucumber Dill SalmonCooking Time: 20 min
- olive oil
- 3-4 salmon filets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon, cut in 6 wedges
- ⅓ cup English cucumber seeded and cut in pea size cubes
- 4 oz light or Greek yogurt cream cheese OR any light cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill minced
- ¼ cup + an additional 2-3 tablespoons of skim milk
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees. Using an oven-safe skillet, drizzle olive oil into the pan and warm over medium heat.
- Pat moisture from salmon using a paper towel and season with salt and pepper.
- Sear the salmon on both sides (if your salmon has the skin on, sear only on side w/o skin) then squeeze the juice from one lemon wedge over the top of the salmon pieces.
- Bake the salmon 6-8 minutes or until it is firm and cooked through.
- Remove the salmon from the pan onto a serving platter and on top of the stove over low-medium heat, add the milk and cream cheese to the same skillet then season with salt and pepper.
- Using an 'S' motion, combine ¼ cup of the skim milk and cream cheese (if the mixture is too thick, add more milk one tablespoon at a time).
- Turn off the heat and stir in the diced cucumber and ONE tablespoon of the fresh dill. Spoon the creamy dill sauce over the salmon filets. Garnish with the additional dill and serve with a lemon wedge.