Well, when in Hawaii, do as the Hawaiians, right?! And that’s why Kalua Pork sliders are a favorite game day meal! No need to dig up an imu though! This recipe is as simple as setting a pork shoulder in the crock pot over night with some bacon and salt.
Crock Pot Kalua Pork SlidersCooking Time: 12 hr
- 5-6 slices uncooked Hickory Smoked Bacon
- 7-9lbs. Pork Butt/Shoulder
- 1 tsp Hawaiian Sea Salt
- Hawaiian Dinner Rolls
- Start by lining the bottom of your slow cooker with uncooked bacon.
- Place pork butt/shoulder in slow cooker on top of the uncooked bacon. Sprinkle the top lightly with salt.
- Cook on low for 12-16, or until completely cooked through. Shred pork (it should just fall apart) and serve on Hawaiian Dinner Rolls
If you've ever been to a luau in Hawaii, it's likey that you were served kalua pig! It's an island favorite, and one that I made at home to be able to enjoy on game day!
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!