Well, when in Hawaii, do as the Hawaiians, right?! And that’s why Kalua Pork sliders are a favorite game day meal! No need to dig up an imu though! This recipe is as simple as setting a pork shoulder in the crock pot over night with some bacon and salt.
Crock Pot Kalua Pork SlidersCooking Time: 12 hr
- 5-6 slices uncooked Hickory Smoked Bacon
- 7-9lbs. Pork Butt/Shoulder
- 1 tsp Hawaiian Sea Salt
- Hawaiian Dinner Rolls
- Start by lining the bottom of your slow cooker with uncooked bacon.
- Place pork butt/shoulder in slow cooker on top of the uncooked bacon. Sprinkle the top lightly with salt.
- Cook on low for 12-16, or until completely cooked through. Shred pork (it should just fall apart) and serve on Hawaiian Dinner Rolls
If you've ever been to a luau in Hawaii, it's likey that you were served kalua pig! It's an island favorite, and one that I made at home to be able to enjoy on game day!