Best Slow Cooker recipe I have tried!
Crock Pot JambalayaPrep Time: 15 min
- 1 Pound boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 Pound smoked sausage, sliced (4-5 links of Andouille OR chorizo sausage)
- 1 (6-oz) can tomato paste
- 28 oz Can diced tomatoes
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 Teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon Louisiana style hot sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Cajun or creole seasoning
- 1 pound pealed and deveined shrimp
- 1 ¾ cups instant rice, uncooked
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 bag frozen okra (optional)
- Add all ingredients EXCEPT SHRIMP and RICE to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4 hours on high or 6 on high
- Turn slow cooker to HIGH, Add shrimp and rice and cook for an additional 30 minutes to 1 hour before serving to cook or heat through.
Sparks, N., & Marwitz, J. (2015). The All Dayer. In The crockin girls it's our crockin' life: Continuing our love of crockin' through every lifestyle. Early, Texas, TX: CPG Holdings LLC.