Bright fresh deliscious go to family favorite full of flavour and nutrition.
Creamy lemon kale soup
- Servings: 4
- Yield: 2
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cooking Time: 1 hr
- 4 cups shredded chicken (rotisserie, or other cooked chicken.
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 bunch kale
- 3 lemons plus juice of 1
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons turmeric
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash kale, cut out stalks and cut into strips
- Add 2 cups of the stock, chopped onion and olive oil to blender and blend for about 2 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into saucepan with remaining stock, kale, shredded chicken, zest of 3 lemons, juice of ½ to 1 lemon, turmeric, salt and ground black pepper.
- Bring to boil then put lid on saucepan and simmer for about 1 hour until kale is tender.
This recipe is Paleo friendly, gluten and dairy free, but so tasty and healthy with the turmeric. A really deliscious fresh tasting soup. Could be a main dish or a starter and so easy to make.