Fresh brussels sprouts are roasted with a mushroom infused dijon cream sauce, topped with crispy bacon for a decadent holiday side.
Creamy Dijon Bacon Brussels SproutsPrep Time: 15 min Cooking Time: 25 min
- 16 oz fresh brussels sprouts
- 1 oz dried oyster mushrooms
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz bacon
- 1 shallot
- dash of nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbs dijon
- Place cream and mushrooms in a saucepan and simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes or until the cream has reduced by ¼.
- Cook the bacon in a heavy bottomed pot until crisped then transfer to a paper towel to absorb excess grease, crumbling to make bacon bits.
- Remove most of the grease from the pot, leaving some and sauté shallot and brussels sprouts 5 minutes until slightly softened then add the cream, but pour through a strainer so as to remove the mushrooms.
- Chop mushrooms and add to sprouts, stirring to incorporate.
- Pour all of the mix to a casserole dish.
- Bake at 350F for 15 mins
- Scatter bacon over the sprouts and bake another 10 mins
- Serve immediately
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!