A comforting soup great for a family get together or a chilly fall night!
Comforting Kielbasa Couscous StewCooking Time: 30 min
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (16 ounces ) Kielbasa sliced and cut in half
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 6 carrots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can pink beans
- 10 cups chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups pearl couscous
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ½ cups fresh spinach, chopped and stems removed
- ¼ cup Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- ½ cup cream
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan. Add the Kielbasa and cook for about 5 minutes or until it is browned.
- Add the onion, carrots, and garlic and saute until the carrots are tender and the onions are just starting to brown. Saute about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, beans, chicken broth, pearl couscous, salt and pepper, spinach, Parmigiano Reggiano and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cream.