A comforting soup great for a family get together or a chilly fall night!
Comforting Kielbasa Couscous StewCooking Time: 30 min
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (16 ounces ) Kielbasa sliced and cut in half
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 6 carrots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can pink beans
- 10 cups chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups pearl couscous
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ½ cups fresh spinach, chopped and stems removed
- ¼ cup Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- ½ cup cream
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan. Add the Kielbasa and cook for about 5 minutes or until it is browned.
- Add the onion, carrots, and garlic and saute until the carrots are tender and the onions are just starting to brown. Saute about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, beans, chicken broth, pearl couscous, salt and pepper, spinach, Parmigiano Reggiano and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cream.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!