This slow cooker recipe is the perfect alternative to boring beef tacos for Taco Tuesday!
Citrus Marinated Pork CarnitasPrep Time: 12 hr Cooking Time: 8 hr
- 1 large orange
- 1 large lemon
- 1 large lime
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 lbs pork shoulder/butt
- In a small food processor or with an immersion blender, combine the juice from the orange, lemon, lime, olive oil, garlic, cilantro, and salt until the pieces are minced.
- Place your pork shoulder in an extra large Ziplock, and pour the the marinade over. Make sure to rub the marinade all over, then allow the shoulder to marinate over night.
- To cook your pork shoulder, transfer it from the plastic bag to your crock pot. Pour any remaining marinade over the pork shoulder, and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove cooked pork shoulder from crock pot, and shred into larger chunks.
- On a baking sheet, arrange the shredded pork in a single layer. Ladle a little bit of juice over the shredded meat, then broil, until slightly browned (about 10 minutes).
- Serve up in your favorite tortillas with your favorite toppings!
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!