As a nutritionist I tried to "clean up" this recipe to make it a healthier version because I totally believe we should all feel like we are being treated to indulgences in the kitchen. While I wouldn't classify this recipe as a health food, I did use the highest quality and healthiest ingredients I could for cake and reduced the sugar by half. I use organic ingredients when available and reduce the sugar and oils when possible. Enjoy!
Chocolate Raspberry Orange Bundt CakePrep Time: 1 hr Cooking Time: 40 hr
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 2 Tbsp baking soda
- 4 free range eggs
- 1 tsp orange flavoring
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup sunflower seed oil
- 1 Fair Trade organic dark chocolate bar
- 3 Tbsp coconut or almond milk
- 1 cup raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients: flour, sugar and baking soda.
- In another bowl mix together the eggs, orange flavoring, vanilla and oil. Whisk until all the wet ingredients are combined.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients while mixing everything together until well combined.
- Generously grease the bundt pan (I use coconut oil spray). Pour the cake batter in the pan and lightly shake bake and forth to even out the mixture.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes. Toothpick should come out clean when inserted if the cake is done. Let cool for a few minutes in the pan and then flip over onto a cooling rack.
- In a double boiler (or pot with glass bowl over boiling water), melt the chocolate bar with the coconut milk. Drizzle the chocolate over the top of the bundt cake and then sprinkle the raspberries on it.
Find more recipes and clean eating tips at Jessica-Wyman.com