Easy and delicious chocolatey version of Disney Epcot Norway's popular dessert topped with a fresh raspberry and strawberry sauce.
Chocolate Hazelnut Rice Dream
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cooking Time: 45 min
- for the rice dream:
- 1½ cups water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Basmati white rice (can substitute regular white rice)
- 2 cups whole milk
- ⅔ cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tb powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- for the raspberry/strawberry sauce:
- 1½ cups fresh raspberries
- 1½ cup fresh strawberries
- 3 Tb sugar (I used demerara sugar)
- 1½ tsp fresh lemon juice
- To make the rice dream: In a medium saucepan, bring 1½ cups of water to a boil. Add the rice and salt, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook the rice for 15 minutes or until all of the water has been absorbed. Stir in the milk and simmer on low heat for 20-25 minutes or until all of the milk has been absorbed and the rice mixture is creamy. Stir in the chocolate hazelnut spread and transfer to a bowl. Set aside and let cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream with the sugar and vanilla and whip the mixture with a hand or stand up mixer until cream has stiffened. Using a rubber spatula, fold the whipped cream mixture into the rice, mixing until thoroughly all is combined.
- To make the raspberry/strawberry sauce: In a small saucepan, combine both fruits, sugar, and lemon juice. Place over medium-low heat, cook for about 10 minutes, then smash the fruit pieces with a masher or the back of a spoon. Continue to cook for another 5-10 minutes, or until mixture thickens. Can strain mixture to remove the seeds, if desired.
- To serve: Divide rice mixture among 6 individual bowls, spoon desired amount of the raspberry/strawberry sauce on top of each one, cover with plastic wrap, and store in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!