Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Perfect appetizer for football season.
- Yield: Serves 4
- 1 lb chicken wings and drumettes
- Buttermilk for soaking chicken
- Vegetable oil as needed for deep fry
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons molasses
- 2 Tablespoons chopped chipotle
- ½ of a lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon coarsely, ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Marinade chicken in buttermilk for 24 hours and place in refrigerator. See tips below
- Then take wings out , pat dry extremely well, allow to sit 20 minutes to take chill off
- Heat veg oil in deep fry pan, I recommend cast-iron.
- Fry wings at 350 until golden brown
- Combine garlic, molasses, chipotle, lemon juice, pepper and salt into large bowl
- Fold cooked wings and drumettes into sauce and cover evenly
- Preheat a grill pan to medium high and grill wings 1 minute until charred.
- Ready to serve with a cool yogurt sauce. Blend plain yogurt, ½ lemon juiced and chopped parsley.
Mama G Cooking Tips:
1. Never overcrowd chicken when frying.
2. Never fry chicken when it is cold.
3. Dust chicken with corn starch before frying for crispness.
4. Make sure chicken is completely dry before frying.
5. Sauce can be double if desired.
6. Marinading the chicken in buttermilk is key.