a burst of creamy citrus to brighten even the coldest winter morning
cara cara orange creamsicle smoothie
- Yield: 1 serving
- Prep Time: 5 min
- 2 Cara Cara oranges, peeled
- ½ large frozen banana, cut into slices
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup carrot juice
- ¼ cup rolled oats, cooked and cooled (make ahead or quickly in the microwave)
- 1 tablespoon orange blossom honey (more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp orange oil/extract
- zest of half an orange
- Blend all ingredients except the banana and zest until nice and frothy.
- Add the frozen banana. Blend.
- Top with orange zest. Enjoy!