I make these sweet and crunchy Candied Pecans every single year and they're always a hit!
Candied PecansPrep Time: 15 min Cooking Time: 30 min
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 pound pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Crack the egg whites and salt into a mixing bowl. Whisk until the egg whites become foamy.
- Gradually mix in the sugar and cinnamon. Everything should be incorporated and the mixture should be a little runny.
- Add the pecans. Stir until they are all coated.
- Melt the butter and pour onto a cookie sheet. (Depending on the size of your cookie sheet, you might need to spread the butter over 2 instead of just one!)
- Spread the pecans onto the butter in a single layer. Bake until all of the butter is absorbed, turning the pecans every 8 minutes or so.
- This process should take about 30 minutes, depending on your oven. They should be crispy and golden when they're done!
- Take them out to cool and then store in an airtight container.
See more photos in the original post on Lake Shore Lady > http://www.lakeshorelady.com/2015/12/candied-pecans-recipe.html
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!