One of my favorite breakfast foods of all time are breakfast tacos. I just love how satisfying they are and how they can be customized to different tastes and likes. The problem with breakfast tacos are the tortillas. As much as I love breakfast tacos, I can’t justify absorbing so many calories at my first meal of the day. So, to compromise, I put at twist on a favorite of mine – the Black Bean and Egg Stuffed Avocado.
Black Bean and Egg Stuffed Avocado
- Servings: 1
- Yield: 1
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cooking Time: 5 min
- 1 avocado
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup canned black beans, drained
- 4 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- pickled jalapeños
- salt and pepper
- Scramble eggs in a medium-hot frying pan.
- Once eggs are cooked, add black beans to warm beans and incorporate into the eggs
- Cut the avocado in half and remove pit. Fill avocado halves with egg and bean mixture.
- Top mixture with shredded cheese, salsa and pickled jalapeños.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm.
For a full recipe tutorial visit www.gigglesgobblesandgulps.com