Baked Coconut Shrimp with Spicy Strawberry Chutney is going to be a big hit at your next dinner party. This tropical-flavored shrimp can be served as an appetizer or main course. Each shrimp is coated with sweetened flaked coconut and baked to perfection. The homemade strawberry chutney has just enough heat to warm your mouth and compliments the sweet shrimp. You won’t be disappointed!
Baked Coconut Shrimp with Spicy Strawberry Chutney
- Servings: 3 shrimp
- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cooking Time: 12 min
- 24 raw jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 bamboo skewers
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Rinse and pat shrimp dry with a paper towel, set aside. Soak skewers in water for 15 minutes. Meanwhile heat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lightly coat the foil with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, add the flour and salt. Stir to combine. In a separate bowl, lightly beat the eggs. In another shallow dish, combine the coconut and breadcrumbs.
- Coat the shrimp with the flour mixture and shake off the excess. Next, thoroughly coat the shrimp with the egg. Finally, coat the shrimp with the breadcrumbs. Thread 3 shrimp onto each skewer, leaving a little space between each one. Spray each shrimp lightly with cooking spray. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
See the complete recipe on Baked by an Introvert.