The kids ask for these Baked Chocolate Chocolate Chip Donuts often. I love the fact that all of the donuts that I create in our home are baked and never fried. Not to mention I'm able to add in flax seeds or chia seeds if I need to and they never know any better!
Baked Chocolate Chocolate Chip Donuts
- Yield: 12
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cooking Time: 15 min
- 1 C Flour
- ½ C Sugar
- ¼ C Cocoa Powder
- ¼ C Chocolate Chips
- ½ TSP Baking Soda
- 1 TSP Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- ⅓ C Sour Cream
- ¼ C Milk
- ¼ C Oil
- 2 C Powdered Sugar
- 6 TBSP Milk
- 1 TSP Vanilla
- In a large bowl whisk together vanilla, egg, sour cream, milk and oil until smooth.
- Add in flour, sugar, cocoa powder and baking soda and mix until combined.
- Add in chocolate chips and stir gently.
- Spray your donut pan with nonstick baking spray.
- Place donut mixture in a ziploc bag, snipping a corner off to pipe into the donut pan.
- Bake in oven for 8-12 minutes until the donut has risen.
- While the donuts are baking you can whisk together all the ingredients for the glaze.
- Remove donuts from oven and let cool for 2 minutes and place on cooling rack.
- Once donuts are cooled dip in glaze and place bake on rack for the glaze to set up.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!