The kids ask for these Baked Chocolate Chocolate Chip Donuts often. I love the fact that all of the donuts that I create in our home are baked and never fried. Not to mention I'm able to add in flax seeds or chia seeds if I need to and they never know any better!
Baked Chocolate Chocolate Chip Donuts
- Yield: 12
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cooking Time: 15 min
- 1 C Flour
- ½ C Sugar
- ¼ C Cocoa Powder
- ¼ C Chocolate Chips
- ½ TSP Baking Soda
- 1 TSP Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- ⅓ C Sour Cream
- ¼ C Milk
- ¼ C Oil
- 2 C Powdered Sugar
- 6 TBSP Milk
- 1 TSP Vanilla
- In a large bowl whisk together vanilla, egg, sour cream, milk and oil until smooth.
- Add in flour, sugar, cocoa powder and baking soda and mix until combined.
- Add in chocolate chips and stir gently.
- Spray your donut pan with nonstick baking spray.
- Place donut mixture in a ziploc bag, snipping a corner off to pipe into the donut pan.
- Bake in oven for 8-12 minutes until the donut has risen.
- While the donuts are baking you can whisk together all the ingredients for the glaze.
- Remove donuts from oven and let cool for 2 minutes and place on cooling rack.
- Once donuts are cooled dip in glaze and place bake on rack for the glaze to set up.