The marriage between a pasta and a chunky guacamole... with a nice fresh twist of mint.
- 2 cups uncooked gluten-free quinoa pasta
- 2 medium avocados, chopped
- 1 shallot, minced
- 15-20 grape tomatoes, halved
- 15 spearmint leaves and 5 extra ones, all julienned and separated
- 5-6 sprigs of flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- The juice of 1 lime
- 3 large handfuls arugula
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Garlic Salt
- 1.Cook by boiling your desired pasta in salty water according to the package directions… I used quinoa pasta.
- 2.While the water boils and past cooks, prepare the avocado mixture – in a bowl mix together the avocados, shallot, lime juice, tomatoes, parsley, 15 spearmint leaves. Season with olive oil, salt and pepper and toss well to combine the flavors
- When the pasta is fully cooked, drain it well and add to the bowl where the avocados and tomatoes have been marinating. Toss well to combine. Add the arugula leaves, a light sprinkle of garlic salt and extra spearmint leaves and toss one final time to combine and for the arugula to wilt a bit.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!