My favorite sandwich!
Apple - Bacon Dijon Melts
- Servings: 1 - 2
- Yield: 6 - 12
- Prep Time: 1 hr
- Cooking Time: 5 min
- 1 package (6 - pack) "English Muffins", split and lightly toasted
- Dijon mustard
- 12 pieces of bacon, cooked (regular sliced or Canadian)
- 24 Granny Smith apple wedges (¼ - ½" thick)
- 12 slices of Swiss or Cheddar cheese (not thin-sliced)
- Divide the muffins between two baking sheets (line with greased foil for no clean-up).
- Spread Dijon mustard on each muffin.
- Next, place 1 piece of bacon on top of each muffin (cut the regular sliced bacon in half for easier fit).
- Top the bacon slices with 2 apple wedges (rounded sides facing outwards).
- Last, place a slice of cheese on the very tops of each muffin.
- Melt and lightly brown one pan at a time beneath the oven broiler (watch this process closely and immediately remove from oven when done to avoid burning, may only take a few seconds!).