Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Cocktail Hour

Watermelon Whiskey Cocktail

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

​Whiskey is typically not my go-to liquor, however, I think I finally found just the right combination for a summer drink! Since watermelon is in season now, we were able to find fresh melon on sale at our local store. We also discovered a new watermelon juice that became a fast favorite. From morning beverages to a cocktail mixer, this new watermelon juice paired perfectly for this cocktail.

Ingredients

• 1 part of Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey
  • 3 parts ginger ale
  • Splash of Watermelon Juice
  • Sliced watermelon
  • Sliced cucumber

Preparation

1. Combine whiskey, ginger ale, and watermelon juice in a tall tumbler with ice.
  2. Garnish with watermelon and cucumber. Enjoy!

Recipe Tags

This watermelon whiskey cocktail only needs a few ingredients, and it is important to use a quality bourbon whiskey. I decided to pair this cocktail recipe with I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey.

My husband usually likes scotch whiskeys, however, this smooth bourbon whiskey pairs well with sweet mixers. It's a southern-style bourbon which means it's a little sweeter on its own. It's made in Tullahoma, Tennessee, which my husband appreciates for its authentic distilling. Besides a quality spirit, you will need fresh watermelon and cucumber slices to garnish your drin.

A watermelon juice and ginger ale round out this simple summer cocktail.

How do you use whiskey in your cocktails?

Need another whiskey drink? Try this Cucumber Whiskey Cocktail or this Whiskey Soda Cocktail.

This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!