Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Gratitude & Giving

My heart melts...

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

My heart melts....

each time their sweet lips part to reveal a smile filled with boisterous laughter.

My heart melts...

each time I wake them up in the morning, gently letting them know there is a new day ahead.

My heart melts...

each time I reach out and feel their warmth.

My heart melts...

each time they ask me for a special meal, filling up their bellies with the comfort of home.

My heart melts...

each time they share the latest news about school, friends, college applications and the challenges and pleasant surprises of life.

My heart melts...

each time they throw some sass my way since this too is going to change. The sass with be replaced with an understanding and depth as I continue to be patient and wait.

My heart melts...

each time they take the stage to dance or play in a playoff game. My eyes well up, goose bumps take over and a twinge enters my heart for the pride I feel deep inside.

My heart melts...

each time they ask to borrow my clothes. Maybe I secretly have some style, even though most days my outfits get the stink eye.

My heart melts...

each time they ask me to tuck them in with their favorite pillow, piggy or green teddy.

My heart melts...

each time I am asked to watch tv, get coffee, or run to the store together. I’ll go anywhere with these girls, as long as they keep asking.

My heart melts...

each time I realize they are growing up, have strong opinions, desires, goals and dreams.

My heart melts...

each time I see the good they are doing for the world around them and the impact they are having.

My heart melts...

each time they say my name, reach out for my hand or lean in for a warm hug.

My heart melts...

each time they walk through the door and kick off their shoes.

My heart melts...

each time they plop down next to me on the couch to just hang out and talk. The simplicity takes my breath away.

My heart melts...

each time they ask me to do their hair in a braid. I’m thrown back in time and say a silent prayer of thanks.

My heart melts...

each and every day, knowing that I am meant to be their mom and for that I am blessed.

May my heart continue to melt...

66a35a5b410d8e182f6effba9935266f28ad1f3d.jpeg

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.