Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Open Discussion

I'm Tired

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

I am currently pregnant with my first child. Due in three weeks.

And I'm tired.

I'm tired of tossing at least 10 times during the night.

I'm tired of getting worried that I hurt my baby if I find a little piece of blue cheese in my salad.

I'm tired of not being able to wear my wedding rings because my fingers are too swollen.

I'm tired of buying a baby product, only to then read one bad review about it and then wonder if I made the right choice.

I'm tired of sharing with other moms that I'm tired and them saying "Oh just wait!" like what I'm currently experiencing isn't significant or important.

I'm tired of strangers giving me the evil eye when I order a coffee at Starbucks (like I haven't done all of the research on how much caffeine is in each and every brew at each and every coffee place).

I'm tired of having to literally hurl myself out of bed because I can't just use my ab muscles to sit up.

I'm tired of watching my running shoes collect dust because my legs are just too tired to keep up with my runs.

I'm tired of having to pass by all of my favorite clothing stores because there's no point in trying anything on right now.

I'm tired of having to look for the word "maternity" if I do need new clothing.

I'm tired of watching my husband have a cocktail while I sip on water.

I'm tired of watching the number on the scale go higher and higher.

I'm tired of not being able to use retinol.

I'm tired of crying at any sad story about a child that I come across.

I'm tired of worrying about what contractions will feel like.

I'm tired of feeling guilty that I can feel tired because I know so many women can't get pregnant and will never know what this tired feels like.

This is my first child and I definitely want at least one more, but you know what?

I'm tired just thinking about doing this all over again.

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.