Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Super Saver Challenge

Easy Chicken Pad Thai

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

5a899bfb9b71dab9d89b324355bf84056227a081

Asian cuisine is one of my favorites to eat and to cook. If you know me, you know that I love hot and spicy, the hotter the better. I love the bold herbs and spices along with the sweet and sour aspects of Asian dishes; the way polarizing ingredients are used to interestingly create a satisfying balance of flavors always leaves me satisfied and then craving more in no time.

Pad Thai is basically a classic stir-fry of rice noodles that requires little time and usually comes together in less than 30 minutes. This common street-food is a low-cost, budget-friendly dish that easily feeds a crowd on a shoestring.

This is an easy but fast-moving dish, so be sure to have everything chopped and ready to go before you begin.

Easy Chicken Pad Thai
Ingredients
  • 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 3 to 4), cut into 1-inch cubes
  • 5 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon Asian fish sauce
  • 1 cup water
  • 2 tablespoons lime juice
  • 1½ teaspoons rice-wine vinegar
  • 3½ tablespoons sugar
  • ¾ teaspoon salt
  • ¼ teaspoon cayenne
  • ¾ pound linguine
  • 3 tablespoons cooking oil
  • 4 cloves garlic, chopped
  • ⅔ cup salted peanuts, chopped fine
  • 2 cups bean sprouts
  • ½ cup lightly packed cilantro leaves
Instructions
  1. In a medium bowl, combine the fish sauce, water, 1½ tablespoons lime juice, vinegar, sugar, salt, and cayenne; set aside.
  2. In a pot of boiling, salted water, cook linguine until al-dente, about 12 minutes. Drain, rinse with cool water, and set aside.
  3. Meanwhile, in a wok or large frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat.
  4. Add the chicken and cook, stirring often, until just done, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove to a paper-towel lined dish; set aside.
  5. Put the remaining oil in the pan, add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for about 30 seconds, do not brown or burn.
  6. Immediately add the pasta and fish-sauce mixture.
  7. Cook, stirring constantly, until nearly all the liquid has been absorbed.
  8. Stir in the cooked chicken.
  9. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining lime juice, bean sprouts, and half the cilantro.
  10. Garnish with remaining peanuts and cilantro.
  11. Serve Immediately.

This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!