I tried to make them the same but they are all so different so I looked for ways to bring them together.
Having 4 daughters two years apart I've always thought to myself how will I get them to all their activities, they out number my husband and I. Then I had what I thought was a brilliant thought; I would find something that they all liked that would have classes at the same time and competitions at the same place but for different age groups. So I bought 4 leotards, 4 tights and 4 ballet shoes and thought this is going to be awesome how lucky am I, all are going to love the same thing!
Well, that lasted about 2 weeks and the rebellion began. They began protesting one by one and I realized my master plan was not going to work. I thought to myself well at least I tried but there was something special about them being together that created a bond through a common activity. I didn't want to lose this so these are the things they do together:
1. On nights when we have family dinner they share what their favorite part of the day was.
2. They participate in holiday traditions such as going on a trail ride every Xmas eve.
3. They work together in our community using WeeWork for Good kits learning about ways they can help others.
4. They share in the responsibility of caring for our animals.
5. They read to each other and help each other out with their homework.
6. They participate in chores together.
7. They plant their vegetable garden together each Spring and Fall.
8. They do each other's hair in the morning before school.
9. They include each other when one has a friend over.
10. They support each other in each one's individual activities.
Someday I think they will say remember when Mom and Dad made us..... but it is those things that we believe are what will keep them close and best friends forever!