Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Reinventing Breakfast

Crustless Spinach Quiche For One

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

Creamy, low-carb Crustless Spinach Quiche for One made with salty ham and Swiss cheese. This Recipe For One is so full of flavor, you’ll never even miss the crust! An easy recipe that’s perfect for those cooking for one.

Crustless Spinach Quiche For One

• Yield: 1 serving
  • Prep Time: 10 min
  • Cooking Time: 25 min

Ingredients

• ½ tablespoon olive oil
  • ½ cup chopped onions , (½ of a small onion, about 2 -3 ounces)
  • 1 clove garlic , minced
  • ½ cup cubed ham , about 2 ounces
  • 1 cup baby spinach , loosely packed
  • 2 large eggs
  • 3 tablespoons heavy cream
  • ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
  • ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
  • 3 ounces cubed or shredded Swiss cheese

Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
  2. Heat a medium-sized skillet on medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and swirl to evenly coat pan.
  3. Add the chopped onions and minced garlic to the pan; cook stirring occasionally until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
  4. Add the cubed ham to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally for 1 minute. Add the spinach and stir until spinach is beginning to wilt, about 3 minutes.
  5. Remove pan from the heat and set aside.
  6. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Fold in the spinach and ham mixture.
  7. Stir in the cheese and pour into lightly greased 5-inch baking dish or dish of a similar size.
  8. Bake until quiche is puffed and golden, about 25 minutes.

Recipe Tags

One of my favorite meals to make and coincidentally, one of the most popular recipes here at ZagLeft is for a crustless quiche.

A quiche is one of those perfect dishes that’s ideal to enjoy for breakfast, lunch or for dinner. The ingredient list is short – eggs, cream and your favorite fillings. When I set out to scale down my original crustless quiche recipe into a “Recipe For One”, I discovered that 2 eggs and 3 tablespoons of cream provided the perfect “base” for a crustless quiche. It’s just the right amount of eggs and dairy and will give you a creamy, delicious custard every single time.

3591a943861c8d645012b003ec8d50eb1bc3c354.jpg

To read more - https://zagleft.com/recipe/crustless-spinach-quich...

Thank you so much for reading! Are you following us on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram? We’d love to connect, drop by and say hello! If you’d like to read more from ZagLeft, be sure to subscribe to never miss a post!

This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!