Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: WHO Are You?

Honoring C-Section Awareness

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

fa575e1062e3cf6959d5b272032dcf582dcd9b32.jpg

It is #csection #awareness month and I couldn’t let this month go by without celebrating my very own 3 inch c-section scar; A scar that to me, isn’t just a scar..

When I found out I was pregnant with triplets I knew I would likely have a cesarean and I was perfectly okay with that. It didn’t matter how I was going to become a Mother, I was finally going to be one. And I think that’s what we should be celebrating: Motherhood. A csection doesn’t make you any less of a mother. And all births are a representation of the truly undeniable love for our children.

My infertility, my broken womb, and the pain of being childless changed the day I delivered my triplets. That 3 inch scar across my bikini line is not one of disappointment and failure. It’s not one that I am ashamed of. It is a scar that tells a story. A story that portrays hope. It is a scar that shows the power and strength it took my petite body to carry three 5 pound babies, at one time. It is a reminder that I could have died after the complications following my c-section but instead God gave me life. It is a scar that I will always choose to love and embrace because it was my path to bring my babies into this world. It isn’t just my 3 inch scar that was left behind from my triplet pregnancy. My body is covered in “scars,” hope wounds as I call them. My hope wounds represent strength, hope, and the ability to overcome. They show how strong the female body is and how truly remarkable it is to be able to carry life in your womb. I won’t take that for granted. My hope wounds aren’t just scars, they are my story and I find beauty in them. I hope you can to.

Follow: @thefortintrio

bc30c4cf81864279881f2d0a753b5bf332577206.jpg

fd023a0d1ad5c482ac947eb41fc6102bcb7ab080.jpg

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.