Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: What Do Fathers Do Best?

Simply The Best

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

To my dear husband: You are the most wonderful father / Pa and I love you so much! Although my husband was always a loving father, it was when our beloved daughter Jessica died that he really amazed me. Jess married a wonderful man and they had just given birth to their first child, a baby girl they named Mollie Susan. Mollie was (6) months old when Jess died and although Mollie can’t physically know her Angel Mom, she truly does know Jess’s love and her joyful spirit largely due to “Pa.” At the memorial ‘cemetery’ where Jess is buried, my husband keeps her burial site immaculate. The grass is like lush carpet which provides Mollie and the rest of us a wonderful place to sit have a picnics and celebrate lots of occasions with Angel Mom. In the winter time when it snows, he snow blows a path from the road to her site so visits and holiday decorating can be done. Jess’s burial site is next to an open field with a hill… and don’t tell anyone, but Mollie and Pa sneak in with their snow tubes and sled ride on the hill near Angel Mom. Mollie will also tell you “they make snow angels for Angel Mom.” Pa also maintains a beautiful memorial garden in our yard that Jessica’s friends and family helped us create. Every year Pa schedules time with Mollie to plant flowers in the garden and then on Angel Moms May birthday, all of Jessica’s family and friends gather together for a fun celebration. Angel Moms garden is a unique play area for all children to have fun and most importantly to learn about love. Pa does so much for the love of our daughter Jess, but I would be remiss not to mention the amazing kindness and acts of love from Jessica’s husband and Mollies father, Colin. He is truly wonderful, sensitive, an amazing father to Mollie and a blessing to us. Pa would tell you that it is love that keeps Jessica’s aka Angel Mom’s spirit alive, and Mollie...well she would definitely agree with her Pa!

So my dear husband as far as I’m concerned YOU are simply the best father ever! I love you, aka MA ^j^

ddb55188b1b1837ac1a88d772b3d8d0c5410df00.jpg

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.