Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: What Do Fathers Do Best?

Seated at the head of the table

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

When he reached the block after coming home from work, all the boys would stop. After the brothers kissed their dad, the stick-ball game resumed. It was a simple demonstration of the respect and love they felt for their father.

They grew up with strong traditions and daily lessons in timeless wisdom. The richness they felt was not material, but rather the contentment that comes from being happy and grateful for what they had. They understood the right to differing opinions, but were taught it wasn't necessary to argue your point, as each person has that same right.

He sits as the patriarch of this family, which now includes four grandchildren. All realize how lucky they are to have him in their lives.

Years ago, when my children were little and I was, for lack of a better word, exhausted, he said, “You wanted a chicken farm, pick up your eggs.”

I love you dad!

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.