Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Parenting Resolutions

Mommy's Not Perfect, and It's Okay! My 2016 Resolution

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

ee98cef13d3c62e04b3bbd94809d91e969f66ae8

For 2016 I’m going to let my girls see more of me. As a mom it’s somewhat natural to want to show only your good side, to pretend like you have everything figured out. But this isn’t fair to them or me.

So I’m going to share more of my goals, obstacles and how I work through them… in an age appropriate way of course.

You know how we feel better sharing with a person that doesn't have it all figured out? We want to talk and get perspective from someone that can offer wisdom, that's been through some things and that understands life happens.

My kids are like that, too. When I use examples of problems I’ve had and how I handled it, they are more likely to listen to my advice.

So, I'm going to be more proactive this year with the sharing.

Three Ways I’m Going To Keep My 2016 Mom Resolution:

• Share at least one of my career goals and give my girls progress reports periodically. Also, I’ll encourage them to ask about my progress whenever they feel like it.
  • Share when I have good days and bad days. They don’t need to think they are the only ones that have good and bad days, :-).
  • Continue to take me time. I try to take a long nap every Sunday and I regular schedule Girls Night In/Out.

And a bonus? I'll have extra motivation to be a better person each day, :-).

HAPPY 2016!

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.