Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Open Discussion

In 2019 I'm committing to friendship, I pinky promise

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

#committed

This year I am committed to keeping important relationships not just alive, but thriving.

It’s so easy to let friendships slip. It’s so easy to cancel a lunch date. It’s so easy to go days or weeks without checking in.

98c848112bd4f974d183269fb9805406aeff7707.jpeg

Our lives are busy and full and sometimes complicated but I stand firm in my resolve that no matter how busy I am, there is time for what matters.

This is a picture of me and my lifelong friend. We’ve known each other for 40 years and fate recently brought us together in the same city. We are both married, raising children, praying, and engaged in our lives.

Now, we are also committed to meeting up for lunch or coffee every month. The only valid excuse for backing out of these meetings will be death, or near-death illness. Otherwise, we show up.

We are 44 years old committing over a pinky promise. I’d say that’s pretty serious.

It’s 2019 and I am #committed.

Related video:

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.