Do you start your day with a cup of coffee?
Many people around us do the same as you do. Earlier, I used to take coffee as my fuel, especially in the morning. Constantly evolving, over the years, I’ve noticed changes in my attitude, behavior, and approach.
Best of all, I have a more positive outlook. This all is due to yoga which fuels me now.
I love drinking espresso machine made coffee because of its aroma, which fascinates me a lot. It attracts people with its golden crema. I used to order my coffee (and pastry) straight after my gym. I was craving the brown liquid with some sugar hit. Even though, I didn’t seriously think about it, it was doing nothing to recharge my body after 90 minutes of sweating and stretching. In the mid afternoon, I needed something to refuel with a healthier alternative.
When I consulted my nutritionist, I was shocked to hear that all this is happening due to coffee. As a dedicated yogi, I realized that juice therapy is far better than espresso machine coffee & coffee made by best espresso machines due to the following points:
- Elevated urinary excretion of important minerals as calcium, magnesium and potassium has been noted in the coffee drinkers.
- Through sweat, we lose potassium, magnesium and calcium. You can use coconut water, nutrient rich fruits and greens to replenish.
- Think for a while, I used to drink acidic coffee that dehydrated me after sweating out these minerals. I was consistently excreting them, instead of replacing and rejuvenating myself.
- The imbalance in your electrolyte status can create serious systematic complications in your body.
- Electrolytes affect all organs and systems of your body. They regulate muscle contraction, heart rate, a balance of body fluid, and pH levels. You have to take care of your health, to level out my day to day imbalances.
I consciously switched my drinking habits. I exchanged my morning cup with a vitamin supplement or orange juice. I replaced my after gym caffeine dose with a fresh green juice and/or an antioxidant rich drink such as raw coconut water.
I know I am doing something good for my body and it is being displayed at my skin, in my state of mind, and during my practice.
These days, I still enjoy a coffee in the afternoon. My dream states have been shifted too. Instead of drinking coffee regularly with pastry (additional calories), I work on the details of my asana practice.