Being a parent is not easy. I Just had my second child about a year ago and have been going through many ups and downs (both financial and emotional). I have been using a lot of affirmations and inspirational quotes and thought I would share some of my favorite with the community. If you have any others I would love to hear them. Please share yours in the comments!
1. Parents are the ultimate role models for children. Every word, movement and action has an effect. No other person or outside force has a greater influence on a child than the parent. - Bob Keeshan
Ever since I have had a child I am now overthinking everything that I do. I analyze everything as I dont want to pass along any negative traits to my child.
2. To understand your parents’ love you must raise children yourself – Chinese Proverb
I definitely have a new appreciation for my mom and dad!
3. Babies are always more trouble than you thought – and more wonderful. – Charles Osgood
This is so true!
4. At the end of the day, the most overwhelming key to a child's success is the positive involvement of parents. - Jane D. Hull
5. Our parents deserve our honor and respect for giving us life itself. Beyond this they almost always made countless sacrifices as they cared for and nurtured us through our infancy and childhood, provided us with the necessities of life, and nursed us through physical illnesses and the emotional stresses of growing up. - Ezra Taft Benson
6. BE THE PARENT TODAY THAT YOU WANT YOUR KIDS TO REMEMBER TOMORROW. ~UNKNOWN
7. Respect your parents. What they tell you is true. Hard work, dedication and faith will get you anything. Imagination will drive itself. You can get anything you want, but you have to have faith behind all your ideas. Stick to your goals and have an undying faith.- Russell Simmons
8. We don’t develop courage by being happy every day. We develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. – Barbara De Angelis
9. Anyone can give up, it’s the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that’s true strength.
10. No matter how hard times may get, always hold your head up and be strong; show them you’re not as weak as they think you are.
11. Sometimes you face difficulties not because you’re doing something wrong but because you’re doing something right.
12. When sore trials come upon us, it’s time to deepen our faith in God, to work hard, and to serve others. Then He will heal our broken hearts. He will bestow upon us personal peace and comfort. – Russell M. Nelson
The last few about hard times I got here. They have a lot of really good ones!