Who says you can't have 'salad' for breakfast!? This Waldorf salad is what every breakfast BEGS for - yogurt, fruit, nuts, and a little Sriracha kick to put some pep in your morning! I love to make mine early in the week for an easy breakfast option every day. Woke up late? Don't worry, it's great for brunch, too!
Waldorf Salad with Honey-Sriracha Walnuts
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 ½ Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp Sriracha sauce
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 3 gala apples, cored and chopped
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- ¾ cup red seedless grapes, halved
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ½ Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Stir together walnuts with honey, Sriracha, and salt to evenly coat. Spread nuts onto a baking sheet lined with foil and sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake walnuts for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. As walnuts cool, stir occasionally to keep separated.
- In a large bowl, mix together remaining ingredients (you may additional yogurt if you want it more creamy).
- When ready to serve, stir in walnuts.
- Store leftover salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator.