Feeding a crowd over the holidays? This breakfast casserole is perfect for you! It is super easy, affordable and the BEST EVER!
The Ultimate Breakfast Casserole
- 6 English Muffins, halved and cut into cubes
- 16 oz roll of Breakfast Sausage, original or spicy
- 12 large eggs
- 2 cups Colby Jack cheese
- ½ cup red or green pepper, diced
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 cups milk
- Salt, to taste
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard
- Optional: parsley to top
- Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle in English muffins and drizzle with melted butter. Set aside.
- In a pan, brown sausage. Drain grease.
- Sprinkle sausage over English muffins in pan. Add peppers and onion. Sprinkle with cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, ground mustard, salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over casserole. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, preheat oven to 350º.
- Bake until golden brown, 45-50 minutes. A knife should come out clean from center.