This is the ultimate comfort food that will yield no guilt! Made with cauliflower, this has is a satisfying low carbohydrate meal that will fuel you throughout the day.
THE BEST CAULIFLOWER SKILLET HASH
- Servings: Meal
- Yield: 2 servings
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cooking Time: 20 min
- 2 medium shallots finely diced
- 1 garlic clove (or 1tsp garlic paste)
- 1tsp chopped ginger or 1tsp ginger paste
- 1 and a half head of cauliflower, chopped into small pieces
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 1tbsp ghee (or oil of choice)
- 2 green onions
- 2tbsp chopped cilantro (small bunch)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: 2 eggs, chili flakes
- First, prep the vegetables - chop the shallots, garlic and ginger (unless using paste) and set aside in a small bowl together. Then chop the cilantro and green onions and put in a bowl together. Finally chop the cauliflower so it is ready to cook.
- Heat 1tbsp of ghee in your cast iron skillet on medium heat. Wait until warm (about 1-2 minutes) and then add your shallot, garlic and ginger. Cook until shallots are caramelized, approximately 3 minutes.
- Next add in your cauliflower and let it brown in the pan for 3 minutes. Remember to mix well so nothing burns and add salt and pepper.
- Once the cauliflower is browned, add ½ cup of chicken stock. Heat until boiling and then reduce to a simmer. Let it simmer with a lid on for 8-9 minutes.
- Take the lid off and cook it uncovered for an extra 3 minutes. Remember to add some more salt for taste as much of it would have boiled off.
- The cauliflower is now ready to be served! Serve in a small bow; and garnish with the green onion and cilantro.
- Feel free to top with 2 fried eggs as I did, or serve with some yummy avocado toast.