Sweet joins smoky in this sandwich!
Sweet Swine Toasty Sandwiches
- Yield: 4 full sandwiches
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cooking Time: 12 min
- 2 Tablespoons softened butter
- 8 slices cinnamon bread or cinnamon swirl bread (no raisins)
- 4 slice baby Swiss cheese
- ½ teaspoon chopped dried oregano
- ¼ cup apple butter
- 12 thin slices smoked deli ham (good quality)
- ⅓ cup French fried onions
- Butter 1 side of each bread slice. Place 2 slices, butter side down, in a 12-inch skillet/pan.
- Place 1 slice of cheese to the top of each slice in the pan. Evenly spread 1 Tablespoon apple butter to the top of the cheese. Sprinkle ⅛ teaspoon oregano over the apple butter. Add 3 slices of ham (folded). Divide half of the onions on top of the ham and top with 1 slice of bread, buttered side up.
- Turn the burner to medium heat. Toast bread until golden brown then flip & finish toasting until golden and cheese has melted.
- Repeat with the remaining sandwiches. Ready to serve at any time.
Hint: You can use a lid or cloche while the sandwich is toasting to help the cheese melt fully.