This super hash is a great way to start your day! But it's not just for breakfast or brunch--it's hearty enough for lunch or dinner, too! And it's loaded with superfoods dense in nutrition! Perfection on a plate!
Superfood Hash with Quinoa, Kale, Sweet Potatoes & Avocado
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeds and ribs removed and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 5 oz chopped kale leaves (about ½ 10 oz bag cleaned and chopped kale)
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon dried red chile flakes (optional)
- 1 cup cooked white quinoa (from ¼ cup dry, uncooked)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 large Hass Avocado, peeled, seed removed and sliced
- Add the potatoes to a large pot of salted boiling water and simmer until tender. Drain and dry completely with paper towels.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and saute in the hot oil until the vegetables are soft, about 6-8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for one more minute.
- Add the cooked sweet potatoes, kale, vinegar and chile flakes (if using) and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the quinoa and stir to combine. Gently press the hash down in the skillet with a spatula and make four egg-sized wells in the hash with the back of a spoon.
- Crack the eggs into the wells, season with salt and pepper and cover. Cook until whites are set but yolks are still runny, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and top hash with sliced avocados. Serve immediately.