Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Savoring Spring

Strawberry Spring Salad

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

With all of the amazing produce Spring brings, one of my favorite ways to enjoy it all is in a fresh salad. This time of year, everything from snap peas to radishes to Florida strawberries couldn’t be more delicious and I can’t seem to get enough of them. Need a simple salad to serve for Easter brunch this weekend? Look no further. This Strawberry Spring Salad is simple, classic and fresh. Spinach, sweet peas, strawberries, red onion, thinly sliced radishes, toasted almonds and feta are all tossed with a strawberry vinaigrette. Since the produce is so unbelievably fresh this time of year the vinaigrette isn't necessary, but an added bonus. I love how it brings out the flavors, especially the strawberries. Top with chicken, steak or fish, for a little added protein or serve it without like I did. Although I don't have children, I know many of you do and I know that it can be difficult to get them to eat fruits and vegetables, especially salad. "Green, yuck!" Does that sound familiar? This salad is a great way to introduce kids to salads because the flavors are sweet and relatively mild. If serving to children I'd maybe leave out the radishes and red onion, just because they can be a bit too spicy. Up the strawberries and sweet peas, because lets be real - that's the best part about this salad.

Strawberry Spring Salad

• Yield: 4 servings

Ingredients

• 1 bag fresh spinach
  • 1 cup sliced strawberries
  • ¼ of a red onion, sliced thin
  • 1 cup sweet peas
  • ½ cup thinly sliced radish
  • ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
  • ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
  • Favorite strawberry vinaigrette (I used Stonewall Kitchen's)

Preparation

1. 1. Place spinach in large serving bowl. Add the next six ingredients. Toss lightly with strawberry vinaigrette.

Recipe Tags

This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!